Video & Media
Video Production Studio in Rose Library
Professional video audio production facilities, resources, and assistance are available to any JMU faculty and staff. CIT Media Services staff handles the technical issues while faculty focus on their instructional content.
- Full featured HD studio with professional lighting
- Professional Audio
- Teleprompter to guide presenter
- Portable equipment that can record video in almost any location.
- Editing equipment and software
- Video capture of computer screens for web and software instruction
- Professional customized graphics
Types of shoots:
- Panel discussions
- Detailed how-to
- Computer and web instruction
- Direct Lecture
- CIT also provides on location video recording.
To arrange for a video or audio recording, contact D.Lee Beard at 568-4835 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Narration Room in Carrier Library
This is a sound cushioned room with professional audio equipment for recording narrations to videos, powerpoints, and for creating audio podcasts.
Software includes: Adobe Presenter, Camtasia Studio, ScreenFlow, and MS Office.
As always, staff are available to assist you in using this equipment and software.
To use this room, call 568-7061 or stop by CIT on the ground floor of Carrier Library
Who Can Use the CIT?
CIT Walk-In areas, studios, and edit suites are for faculty/staff/GAs use only. If you have hired an undergraduate student to do some of the work for you in preparation to teach a class, they may also be able to use the CIT walk-in areas if the faculty member completes the request for Student Use Form.
Need specialized help on your multimedia project?
Request a personalized meeting at your office or in one of the CIT locations.