The Center for Instructional Technology is committed to providing the JMU community with a wide range of consulting support and production services for developing online, blended, and technology-facilitated courses and programs that offer faculty and students new educational options and opportunities.
As the single service-point for campus-wide distance learning training, online course development, blended course development and learning technology support at JMU, we offer:
- Consultation, training and support for faculty interested in online or blended course development.
- Assistance for academic departments interested in online or blended program development.
- Technical support for Canvas, Blackboard Collaborate, Blackboard and other learning technologies for faculty, staff and students.
- Promotion of best practices for teaching and learning in technology-mediated environments (see JMU Best Practices Report).
- Advocacy of and support for faculty and student online teaching and learning needs.
- Online course information (Search MyMadison using the Tutorial for Searching for Online Courses or see Registrar's Online Course List)
- Current Online Course Data for Completed Academic Year
- Cumulative Online Course Data