Based on best practices and sound pedagogy, the CIT’s immersive institutes for online and blended course development help faculty develop quality online or blended courses that challenge and engage student learners. During the institutes, faculty participants consult with CIT’s Instructional Technologists, other CIT staff, who have degrees and experience with instructional design and learning theory, and experienced peer mentors to develop strategies for teaching and learning in an online or blended environment, design learning activities and select appropriate instructional technologies, which all support the instructional objectives of the course. In addition, the CIT provides production support for the design and development of online and blended courses. Learn more in CIT's Online and Blended Learning Services and Resources Brochure.
By following the links below, you will access the full description of these events:
- 2016 CIT Institute for Blended Learning
- 2016 CIT Fall Institute for Online Course Development
- 2016 CIT Institute for Summer Online Course Development
- 2015 CIT Institute for Blended Learning
- 2015 CIT Institute for Online Summer Course Development-Wednesday Cohort
- 2015 CIT Institute for Online Summer Course Development-Thursday Cohort
- CIT Institute for Blended Learning - Fall 2014
- CIT Institute for Online Course Development Fall 2013
- Teaching & Learning with Technology Institute
- CIT Customized Institutes- Customized support and training for departments on campus who are interested in offering courses online.
CIT Model for Course Design and Redesign for Institutes
Based on three instructional design models (ADDIE, ASSURE and Kemp), the CIT’s approach to course design in the institutes is customized based on the course objectives, faculty teaching needs and student learning needs. The CIT’s institute and course design models are evidence based from research/literature, faculty development assessment and feedback from past participants support our successful approach to course redesign. The CIT’s models for faculty development and course design are sustainable and provide ongoing support to faculty. Ongoing support includes consultation and content production. Click the thumbnail of the model below to see a larger image.